i keep losing my user name and password

uok 19:13 08 Jan 03
  uok 19:13 08 Jan 03

My dialup cable properties box keeps losing my user name and password even though I have ticked the save password box, could someone point me in the right direction, I’m not sure where to look for help.
Thanking you in anticipation

uok

jazzypop 21:09 08 Jan 03

Which version of Windows and Explorer are you using?

And what is dialup cable? I thought that cable broadband (NTL and Telewest) were permanently connected?

VoG™ 21:11 08 Jan 03

Duplicate click here

kimosabi 21:20 08 Jan 03

Hi uok
i had the same problem every time i logged off my pop server and smtp changed also my user name and password although i checked the box to remember password the problem seemed to be the antivisus software was changing it everytime so i switched off my anti virus and at least my pop server or my smtp don't change but i still have to put in my password but i don't mind that it's better than having to re-entering all the other information i think jazzerpop will give you better info he is the guy that helped me
so good luck
kimosabi

graham 22:32 08 Jan 03

You can get basic telephone service on cable.

graham 22:33 08 Jan 03

You can get basic telephone service on cable.

uok 17:43 09 Jan 03

jazzypop
i'm using windows 98 & Explorer 6 and yes i have a basic telephone service with blueyonder cable
surfunlimited so i have to dial up,

kimosabi
i have uninstalled my antivirus software still have the problem but thanks anyway

Thanking you in anticipation

uok

golfpro 18:39 09 Jan 03

Uninstalled your antivirus!!!!!!!! is this wise? deactivate for downloads yes, but uninstall I dont know.

golfpro 18:43 09 Jan 03

Try this.click here

uok 18:49 09 Jan 03

golf pro

Thanks for your concern but it was temporary antivirus program is now installed and running

uok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…