I keep Getting Page Cannont Be Displayed

scooby43 09:18 12 Apr 03

hi all

I am using freeserve broadband and these past couple of days, when accessing a web page for some reason all of a sudden I get page cannot be displayed to fix the problem I have been disconnecting and starting again.

I thought it was norton at first causing the problem unitll yesterday after updating it messed up my computer so I have uninstalled it.

does anyone have any thoughts as to why at times I get page cannont be displayed I am only wondering whether its the server.

Philip2 10:04 12 Apr 03

Have you got your firewall or internet security to high is cookies enabled??.
You said you unistalled Norton you should go to search type in Norton and see what files are still in your computer and delete them then type in symantec and see what comes up delete them.

Giggle n' Bits 10:09 12 Apr 03

- panel and select Internet explorer to remove.
You will be given an option to repair the internet explorer if it is in there.

scooby43 13:06 12 Apr 03

hi thanks for ur posts I had wondered whether to go to reset the webpage defaults through internet options would that work ?

scooby43 13:10 12 Apr 03

yes Philip2 I went through add and remove and completly unistalled norton all together as when I updated it, it all went wrong so thats why I decided to remove norton alltogether

scooby43 17:43 12 Apr 03

hi again I am thinking of ringing technical support i think, it has just happened to me again 5 mins ago:(

ellas 17:52 12 Apr 03

theres a fix here you can try click here

scooby43 19:56 12 Apr 03

thanks ill have a look at the link

scooby43 10:47 13 Apr 03

just wondered has anyone else experienced these problems that I am getting ??

thanks for the link ellas but I am not sure how to back up the registry to do it if I dare and thanks for the other posts

ellas 16:28 13 Apr 03

well I know madboy33 had the same prob and used the fix at that site and said it worked a treat,theres also a download to change it back,if your on xp just make a system restore point before you do the reg fix.

scooby43 22:56 13 Apr 03

hi thanks again for the reply ill let you know how it goes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…