i keep getting "not a valid win32 application"

mostly 07:21 01 Apr 03

after i save something so i can check it out later when i try to open it i keep getting this
"not a valid win32 application". Help!!!

Lú-tzé 08:04 01 Apr 03

What sort of file is it meant to be? It will need the correct extension in order to open, so check how you are saving it.

numskull 10:15 01 Apr 03

Is this after you have downloaded something? I was told by some technical help dept that this simply means that it has not downloaded correctly. I think you have to empty your temporary internet files folder then try again to download it.

flecc 12:46 01 Apr 03

Not a valid Win 32 application indicates an incompatibility which can take many forms such as a problem with CD ROM drivers when using a CD ROM or a corrupted file such as IEXPLORE.EXE.

This can also happen if a file was downloaded using Microsoft Internet Explorer in Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0 or later and the filename has an unexpected extension (e.g., *.exe instead of *.zip).

The solution here is usually to rename the downloaded file so that its filename extension matches the filename extension on the Web or FTP page from which it was downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…