i keep getting disconnected

ashulton 16:47 02 Oct 04

Since installing SP2 I've had real problems staying connected to the net. I can connect fine but it disconnects after a few minutes. I know there is nothing wrong with the phoneline as it is fine with my old computer running Win 98 and I have changed the cables and the problem continues. I have also scanned the comp for viruses and have up to date norton so i'm really stumped.

Any suggestions?

Graham ® 17:00 02 Oct 04

Search the SP2 forum?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 02 Oct 04

Tools-intenet options-connections-settings-advanced.

Make sure box @disconnect if idle for more than' is unticked.

Noelg23 17:14 02 Oct 04

you didnt mention what modem your using...this could also be an issue...also is it USB or Ethernet?

shellship 17:47 13 Oct 04

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. It's getting really cross-making - sorry I can't give you a solution.

Stuartli 17:54 13 Oct 04

One possible: Check that Hang Up When Finished is not Enabled in OE's Send/Receive panel.

There are many threads on this subject...:-)

ashulton 18:24 13 Oct 04

in the end we just removed sp2 and now it works fine.

accord 19:11 13 Oct 04

I had the same problem this evening so i cleared out my internet cache, reset my cookies tabs, rebooted and all is fine.

shellship 15:17 15 Oct 04

Accord suggests clearing out internet cache and resetting cookies tab. At the risk of being thought a peanut, how do I do that, please? Removing SP2 as done by ashulton sems a bit drastic.

Stuartli 16:41 15 Oct 04

One or two more to try. Check that your ISP is set as your Default ISP both in Connections and as your home page. In File ensure Work Offline is not enabled.

You could also check out:

click here

click here

Stuartli 16:43 15 Oct 04

Also check out your modem's configuration from Run>Control Panel>Phone and Modem Options>highlight modem>Properties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…