I keep getting different messages when trying to install windows

AmandaJane39 10:38 09 Nov 14

I have got an Asus X5DIJ Laptop and as there was a HDD Password installed on the Hard-drive, I thought that it would be alot easier to install a new hard-drive. For some reason it kept on saying that I had no Windows installed but I had Windows 8.1 on it beforehand...So I thought that the best option would be was to make a clean install on the system and as it originally came with Windows 7 Home Prem OA, that I would put Windows 7 on.

I am constantly met with problems with the BSOD!!! I did notice that there is a different message most times but usually I am told thnat Windows shut itself down as nokrnl.exe is missing. I get that I need to verify something when I first start up any installation, so after many head banging ,against the wall nights,I decided to google the problems and the majority of the advice read told me basically to download a Boot disc.

As I was abit unsure of which to download, I got several different programmes expecially any stating my problem could be fixed. I don't doubt this but the bigger problem for me at the minute is how do I FIX ANY OF THE ABOVE WHEN I CAN'T EVEN BOOT IT UP PAST THE BSOD.

I have tried all the suggestions of booting in SAFE MODE, SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT AND I TRUED TBE LAST KNOWN CONFIGERATION BUT ALL TO NO AVAIL!

I really would like this laptop to work again but am at a loss as to what to try next?

Lastly as I have these programs, would there be any way for me to be able to boot from usb??/

I am thanking you and I hope that we can solve this issue out between us.

Kind Regards

AmandaJane39

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:03 09 Nov 14

Tap F8 as the machine starts up

in the Advanced tools menu select startup repair -if it goes through the motins and finds nothing to repair the repeat the process at least five times or until it finds something.

AmandaJane39 15:24 09 Nov 14

I have tried to boot into the F8 menu before but it never takes me there, which I am presuming that this happens as tnere is no operating system there. I changed my hard-drive again as I just happened to notice t that my hard-drive wasn't recognised, which is what I guessed as it wasn't listed in my boot menu, but, it had been there earlier.

I am just in the process of waiting for a windows 7,vista and XP usb maker which when I checked the files before downloading them, seemed to have all that I will need to hopefully be able to at least install one of the above as the operating system.

Earlier today, I had same problem with another laptop which is an acer and at first it seemed like I would have the same problems again but,after a slight brainwave (well,I thought it was anyway) I ran tbe Paragon Partition Manager 10 and after going through all the usual fixes, nothing seemed to change as still there was not any windows installations found. I think that I accidentally deleted partitions, which I didn't no had partitions within them, not sure why!lol...

So after trawling through the internet for ideas and hopefully soulutions to my dilemma.I then thought that as tnere were no OS found, that if deleted all that was left on the hard-drive, then I might get somewhere. WENT THROUGH THE DELETION PROCESS and then once again, I placed it back in the laptop and started to repeat the installation process. which I did from USB this time and much to my amazement, installed with no problems!

I hsve tried to boot from USB with tbe Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 but I still got the BSOD, which baffled me really. As isn't wny tbese are put out so that you could boot a non bootable laptop.

The only difference this time is that I get the BSOD screen straightaway, which says windows needs to verify whatever it is they said and it just went off. Once I thought that it had made it but no!

Soon as I have done the above I shall let you no whether I have been successful snd if it failed again, I will try to provide more detailed information.

Thank you for your help so far.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 09 Nov 14
  1. does the machine have a DVD drive?

2 do you have a proper windows 7 DVD?

It sounds like you may have been downloading all sorts of weird boot disksand op systems from the web most of which are pretty suspect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now