I keep getting a bad image warning

Ambasedor 10:55 06 Nov 13

When I start my PC on which I am running XP I get the following message each time i try to open that program. Also it will not fully load untill I have OK'd each start up program.

program name here....exe –Bad Image This application or DLL C:\Windows\System32\SHDOCVW.dll is not a… valid Windows image. Please check against your installation diskette

I have tried running sfc /scannow but to no avail.

Anyone any ideas please.

lotvic 12:55 06 Nov 13

Few more things to try click here

lotvic 12:57 06 Nov 13

Is it just one program that gives that error? have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program?

Ambasedor 11:57 11 Nov 13

Hi Lotvic. No as soon as i click any program i get the bad image warning. When I click OK it either goes away and the program runs or another pops up and i do the same until no more pop up for that prog and it then runs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:20 11 Nov 13

Seems to be a problem after installing sp3 one of the later updates sorts it out.

Check you have all the updates for XP.

Ambasedor 12:38 11 Nov 13

Hi Fruit Bat. Yes now i think about it my PC has recently installed updates when I shut down and the trouble started after that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:49 11 Nov 13

can you do a system restore to before the problem started?

Ambasedor 14:37 11 Nov 13

I had thought of that but when i go into help and support i only get the manufacturers help page. i.e. hp. I cant find where else it is.

Ambasedor 14:57 11 Nov 13

Found it

Ambasedor 16:13 11 Nov 13

I have done a system restore and so far it has sorted the problem. Thanks guys.

woodchip 07:56 12 Nov 13

You need to set ms updates to manual not automatic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now