I just want to say a word for Opera...

Gaz 25 19:39 27 Jan 04

Opera on my linux box was aging.

Anyhow I installed the latest 7.23 stable version.

I loved it that much that I installed it to windows too. Now I have bought the stuff, it is WONDERFUL.

I urge anyone with a Paranoid security mind like me or hate spyware, pop-ups and love speed and NOT crashes. Then Opera is for you.

It includes nice styles (skins) even XP looking ones. :-0

It also has a POP-UP blocker for ONLY requested pop-ups, which is really effective so it never stops a legit pop-up, like link in new browser.

It warns about security issues, such as exploits.

It has a spam filter and e-mail client all built in.

Wand helps you remember passwords securely, and never allows it to be given to other websites. Much better than autofill.

It is fast, has a download manager, and is compatible with almost ALL websites out there.

Never crashed yet, and I am using it NOW.

It IS FREE for the one with the advert, which is not spyware, and there is NO WAY spyware can add itself as its NOT IE.

Cookie control is great.

Just try it anc prepaired to be amazed.

Regards,
Gareth

bvw in bristol 19:42 27 Jan 04

Agree with you there Gaz.

Gaz 25 19:45 27 Jan 04

Thanks. I love linux, and its good old browser.

For IE to take off it need more security, less updates and NOT TO CRASH as much.

Opera is FAR more stable.

I am so pleased I have found the answer to a relaible worry free internet.

Thanks.

Gaz 25 19:52 27 Jan 04

As I said above, Wand is a password manager which is secure. It remebers passwords for THAT server only, and trust me it knows the fakes.

When I went to www . pc advisor . co. uk the wand light up. I clicked it, it entered my e-mail and password and clicked the LOG-IN button to take me to my home area on this site. GREAT.

It also remembers what website you last visited opon closing opera and opens it back up again next time you load it. :-)))))))

It also warns of dodgy cookies if set-up to do so.

Try it everyone, it looks and performs well.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:54 27 Jan 04

Avant does all the above and has Robo-form manager. ;-)))

G

Gaz 25 19:54 27 Jan 04

click here\download\ to get a free version.

And its only cheap to buy. If you prefer not to pay you have to keep the advert for Opera asing you politely to buy it. But I suppose one of you guys would try to get rid of it anyway using some dodgy means.

But my main concern, it is is wonderful and SHOULD be recognised as an excellent browser.

Gaz 25 19:57 27 Jan 04

Some PCA advert seems to have taken over my link, anyway. opera.com > click free download and your off.

Cannot see why you would need a java version either if you use windows + java is dodgy.

Everytime someone posts on here and I get an e-mail, opera pops up: 1 message received... and a lovely sound to compteplte it.

Gandalf, I will test avant browser, but dont get me going to much. LOL

powerless 19:58 27 Jan 04

"For IE to take off it need more security, less updates and NOT TO CRASH as much."

Over (wrong) Statement of thy year ;-))

Gaz 25 20:01 27 Jan 04

LOL. Thanks powerless.

Gandalf, I have a fast PC, could I run Avant aside Opera and IE, or will one of them conflict somehow?

I love these browsers.

Gaz 25 20:04 27 Jan 04

is then adverts for sponsors put me off. It makes my head go on thinking they have put some dodgy stuff into the browser now.

But if i can run alongside Opera and IE, I will try.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:08 27 Jan 04

Avant really only re-skins IE but I find it much better and it has password and pop-up managers. It is non-invasive and will run happily alongside any other browser click here Myie2 is also getting many good reports click here

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5