I just ran the 'Resource and Performance Monitor' on Windows 7

Graphicool1 17:33 PM 15 Oct 12

Hi I just ran the 'Resource and Performance Monitor' in Windows 7 and it came up with the following information...

"The device, SBRE, is reporting "tvConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACYSBRE\0000"

I looked in 'Device Manager' to see if I could track down this device. Initially I couldn't find anything. So I clicked on 'View' and 'Show Hidden Devices' and among the hidden devices one was flagged with an exclamation mark 'SABRE'.

Device Type: Non-Plug and Play Drivers

Manufacturer: Unknown

Device Status: This device is not present,is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.(Code 24)

Service Name: SBRE

Display Name: SBRE

Current Status: Stopped

(There are two buttons, one says 'Start' the other is greyed out and says 'Stop'.)

Startup Type: System

(At the bottom of this panel there is another greyed out button, which says 'Driver Details')

Question: Can anyone throw any light on this. Should I be concerned or just ingnore it?

Chronos the 2nd 17:39 PM 15 Oct 12
  Graphicool1 11:49 AM 16 Oct 12

Thanks for that, it has now gone. However, it doesn't explain how it got there in the first place? As I haven't used AdAware!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11