I just lost this site again

ened 17:13 20 Aug 08

and many other pages were 'Internet Explorer is unable to open.....'

The PC Advisor site came with a warning about an Add-on. But the Add-on was XP Office.

I am with AOL and live in the West Country.

Has anybody else experienced problems.

rawprawn 17:33 20 Aug 08

Try running Ccleaner click here

ened 17:42 20 Aug 08

Thanks for the suggestion but I detest it because the only time I have used it (and I freely admit I probably didn't understand how to use it properly)it really messed my machine up and it has not been the same since.

I have been running my own computers for quite a few years and never had the need for it. I only used it in desperation because someone suggested it as a solution to a particular problem.

After all that waffle I don't think it would sort this problem out because it seems to rectify itself.

Quiet Life 17:50 20 Aug 08

Just received similar message that PCA site wishes to run the following add-on ietag.dll from Microsoft.
What is going on?

Kia Ora 18:06 20 Aug 08

'Internet Explorer is unable to open.....'

In many, many years of 'Surfing' using many different Browsers, I have NEVER had a similar problem.

The ONLY browser I've ever had a problem with was IE of whatever version at the time.

I used to use IE, get that problem, leave it on the screen, start Firefox over the top and go straight to the 'faulty' IE page, no problem. Would then close and re-open IE, try to go to the same page to get 'Internet Explorer is unable to open.....'

Have not used IE for, I can't remember, Firefox only for years now, NEVER a problem.

Quiet Life 12:40 21 Aug 08

ened it looks as if we both had the same experiences re IE and the add-on ietag.dll
I had just run malwarebytes anti-malware, a-squared and AVG 8 free virus scan and my machine was clean.
I only ran these as I was going to sort a friend's computer that was badly infected and wanted to see how they performed.
Googling ietag.dll comes up with numerous pages and it would seem that site do try to get you to download this file. I have MS Office 2003 but do not update as I see no need to do this.
I made a new posting re this problem but there is no solution. As you said if there was a problem it seems to have rectified itself.

Quiet Life 12:41 21 Aug 08

ened it looks as if we both had the same experiences re IE and the add-on ietag.dll
I had just run malwarebytes anti-malware, a-squared and AVG 8 free virus scan and my machine was clean.
I only ran these as I was going to sort a friend's computer that was badly infected and wanted to see how they performed.
Googling ietag.dll comes up with numerous pages and it would seem that site do try to get you to download this file. I have MS Office 2003 but do not update as I see no need to do this.
I made a new posting re this problem but there is no solution. As you said if there was a problem it seems to have rectified itself.

Jak_1 12:59 21 Aug 08

I have no problem getting here using IE7 on a Vista machine, nor did I on my old machine 2 months ago using IE7 with XP-Home and Office Pro 2003. Do you have your security settings too high in internet properties? If they are set to high, try resetting to medium (default setting).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…