I hit the screen of my laptop Acer Aspire one

celine78 08:10 09 May 15

I hit the screen of my laptop Acer Aspire One and now the screen is with coloured lines and i cant get in the system as can't see anything on the screen just coloured lines and patterns.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:03 09 May 15

Connect it to an external monitor or TV with a VGA

Connect the monitor to the

laptop's 15-pin video connection on the back of the computer

Once connected, your laptop may automatically switch to the new external display or you may be required to press a sequence of keys in order to switch from the laptop to the external display.

For example, often either Fn + F3, Fn + F5, Fn + F8, or Fn + F9 is pressed to switch between alternate displays,depends on the model.

However it sounds like you are going to require a new screen.

click here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/REPLACEMENT-SCREEN-ACER-ASPIRE-HAPPY/dp/B004O2OPEC

alanrwood 10:06 09 May 15

Yes you have broken the LCD/LED screen and it will need replacing if it is economical to do so depending on the age of your laptop.

robin_x 10:27 09 May 15

I did the same on a 6 week old laptop as I got up from my chair with a mug in my hand.

Very annoyed with myself, but time is a great healer.

Cost me £70 for a new screen (fitted myself) but you may be lucky and £50.

I used amazon and youtube too.

Also see if there is a Service and Maintenance Guide Manual pdf if you fancy you or friend or relative having a go.

click here

robin_x 10:51 09 May 15

Or even £30 now!

Nice youtube link FruitBat

=-=-=

Looks like a Philips #0 or #1 screwdriver. Some Poundshop sets may be suitable.

Organise screws as they are removed.

A blob of Blutak can help on the end of the screwdriver when it all goes fiddly.

A Watchmakers Knife or Spudger (or even a suitable sharp-but-blunt kitchen knife or Debit/Credit Card) can be useful for popping apart bezels and laptop cases

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5