I have the upgrade itch again.

Chronos the 2nd 11:37 AM 05 Jun 13

Haswell is out and I came across this case Parvum Systems which I believe is a thing of beauty. A little pricey but it is about par for what on average I pay for a case.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Mr Mistoffelees 12:14 PM 05 Jun 13

Seems a bit light on interior fittings and a bit small for me.

My next case is likely to be one of these: Corsair Graphite 600T.

mart7 12:39 PM 05 Jun 13

Both good cases chronos the 2nd any chance you may be looking to the Nvidia Geforce titan graphics card?

http://www.ebuyer.com/480791-evga-gtx-titan-6gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-06g-p4-2790-kr?utmsource=google&utmmedium=products&gclid=CMajhZ3qzLcCFdLItAodbjIA7w

Ian in Northampton 12:51 PM 05 Jun 13

Given Intel's track record (do I remember a recall on Ivy Bridge? Or was it Sandy Bridge?) I think I'd wait before investing in Haswell. Or perhaps wait for Broadwell... :-)

onthelimit1 12:59 PM 05 Jun 13

And I always thought a case was, well, a case!

Chronos the 2nd 13:58 PM 05 Jun 13

Mr Mistoffelees

*Seems a bit light on interior fittings and a bit small for me. My next case is likely to be one of these: Corsair Graphite 600T.*

Are you not into water-cooling, something I have yet to dabble in. as for the fitting they are mainly behind the mid-wall panel, harddrives and PSU. There is no optical drive bay, I have not had an optical drive in a case for a while now. No need.

Love the Corsair case just far to big for my tastes. This was the last BIG case I had Silverstone. It was so heavy I stuck wheels on the thing just to move it.

mart7 Both good cases chronos the 2nd any chance you may be looking to the Nvidia Geforce titan graphics card?

I wish.

onthelimit1

And I always thought a case was, well, a case!

So did I a few years ago, now I spend as much time selecting a case as any other component.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:17 PM 05 Jun 13

Water cooling is not for me, neither am I likely to dabble in case modding. I would however like something a little nicer to look at, and higher quality, the my Zalman Z9, though it does run cool. The Corsair looks like it fits the bill for me and I like big!

Mr Mistoffelees 17:22 PM 05 Jun 13

onthelimit1, if you are going to overclock and want your PC to be stable, quiet and air-cooled, case selection is very important. A lesson I learnt three cases ago.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites