I have the upgrade itch again.

Chronos the 2nd 05 Jun 13

Haswell is out and I came across this case Parvum Systems which I believe is a thing of beauty. A little pricey but it is about par for what on average I pay for a case.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Mr Mistoffelees 05 Jun 13

Seems a bit light on interior fittings and a bit small for me.

My next case is likely to be one of these: Corsair Graphite 600T.

mart7 05 Jun 13

Both good cases chronos the 2nd any chance you may be looking to the Nvidia Geforce titan graphics card?

http://www.ebuyer.com/480791-evga-gtx-titan-6gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-06g-p4-2790-kr?utmsource=google&utmmedium=products&gclid=CMajhZ3qzLcCFdLItAodbjIA7w

Given Intel's track record (do I remember a recall on Ivy Bridge? Or was it Sandy Bridge?) I think I'd wait before investing in Haswell. Or perhaps wait for Broadwell... :-)

onthelimit1 05 Jun 13

And I always thought a case was, well, a case!

Chronos the 2nd 05 Jun 13

Mr Mistoffelees

*Seems a bit light on interior fittings and a bit small for me. My next case is likely to be one of these: Corsair Graphite 600T.*

Are you not into water-cooling, something I have yet to dabble in. as for the fitting they are mainly behind the mid-wall panel, harddrives and PSU. There is no optical drive bay, I have not had an optical drive in a case for a while now. No need.

Love the Corsair case just far to big for my tastes. This was the last BIG case I had Silverstone. It was so heavy I stuck wheels on the thing just to move it.

mart7 Both good cases chronos the 2nd any chance you may be looking to the Nvidia Geforce titan graphics card?

I wish.

onthelimit1

And I always thought a case was, well, a case!

So did I a few years ago, now I spend as much time selecting a case as any other component.

Water cooling is not for me, neither am I likely to dabble in case modding. I would however like something a little nicer to look at, and higher quality, the my Zalman Z9, though it does run cool. The Corsair looks like it fits the bill for me and I like big!

onthelimit1, if you are going to overclock and want your PC to be stable, quiet and air-cooled, case selection is very important. A lesson I learnt three cases ago.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message