I have an unknown scanner,but no driver

amo1 16:38 21 Mar 03

Hi all,

I have a scanner that was part of a "computer package".There are no manufacturers details on the scanner,only a "Tiny" badge.The problem is; how do I get the drivers required to install it when I do not have any manufacturers information to contact. Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance, amo1

Djohn 16:42 21 Mar 03

Download Belarc advisor at, /click here and this will give you some info on your scanner, and loads more as well.

If you then post back on this thread with any info on the scanner, someone will be able to point you to tha correct software. J.

woodchip 16:44 21 Mar 03

Look on the bottom of the scanner for a model number and post hear

amo1 17:18 21 Mar 03

Thanks Djohn, but the scanner will not install without the drivers, so Belarc Advisor does not "see" the scanner.

amo1 17:24 21 Mar 03

Thanks woodchip, Below is the information on the bottom of the scanner;

It also says it has been tested to comply with
FCC Standards.

I have also tried the FCC ID Website but this did not help.

Cordy13 17:29 21 Mar 03

Look here click here

powerless 17:30 21 Mar 03
  Djohn 17:43 21 Mar 03

Sorry, My mind is a bit fuddled at the moment,(What's new)! Should have read your post with more care.

Thinking that the scanner was being picked up by windows but not the *correct* drivers, once again my apologies. J :o(

Legolas 17:58 21 Mar 03

It is a Primax there are drivers for your scanner for all the different OS,s here. click here

Legolas 18:01 21 Mar 03

My apologies it seems the drivers here are only for Win ME

Rayuk 19:06 21 Mar 03

You have the Primax Colorado Direct 9600 they are not doing drivers for WinXP but suggest you try the Win NT/2000 drivers
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…