i have a trojan

al7478 21:17 12 Jun 07

AVG free 7.5 has detected "Trojan horse JS/Uniz.B.

It also says C:\Docments And Settings\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WPDFI9HY\button.js[1].htm

It has put it in the vault automatically. The machine seems to be working as normal. Do i need to worry?

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:27 12 Jun 07

No need to worry and you can delete it from the vault whenever you feel like or just leave it there.
G

birdface 21:29 12 Jun 07

Reboot computer,And either run Avg again or download and run a squared,If nothing found you should be Ok.Also you could go into Tools ,Internet Options.Press delete Temporary Files.Another box will open.I usually delete files, cookies and History.But if you only want to delete the files just press that one.

al7478 21:46 12 Jun 07

Thankyou both! im running a second avg scan at the moment, tho must admit i didnt reboot first.

buteman, will that get rid of my usernames and passwords, as i find it really annoying when ive told a site to recognise me and then it stops lol...?

birdface 22:03 12 Jun 07

Oops ,Don't really know,The only one I have programed to remember my name and password, is Pc Advisor.And it does not stop me from getting in here,If worried about it just leave it and don't delete it,I presume it's the cookies that you are on about,Like I said I delete all three,I am sure someone will come on and let you know if it's safe to delete them or not,Bit of a waste of time doing another scan without re-booting computer,Nothing should show as you have already deleted it, but will it return when you re-boot.

al7478 22:17 12 Jun 07

OK thanks all, i can tick this resolved now, but if anyone reads this and knows the answer to the question i pt to buteman in my last post, itd be grat to know.

p;3 22:39 12 Jun 07

also could try running these

click here superantispyaware

click here on full deep scans

once you ARE clean might be a good idea to turn OFF system restore, reboot and turn it back on;only problem is you then loose ALL previous restore points; then run a scan to check for cleanliness then create a clean restore point

al7478 23:00 12 Jun 07

What's the purpose of the advice with the restore points tho, and how do i do it?

wee eddie 23:01 12 Jun 07

Having deleted "all" your Cookies you will need to remember all your Handles and Passwords but only the once for each site. That's what the harmless cookies remember.

So a quick run round everything and jot down what you can. Don't worry too much as it will only remember the one you get right.

p;3 23:05 12 Jun 07

one is assuming you are running XPsp2??some 'nasties' have a habit of hiding IN system restore ; do you have system restore enabled at present?

al7478 23:12 12 Jun 07

Yes, im running xpsp2, i have never conciously made restore points, but have had to wind the system back on a couple of occasions, to its condidtion a day or two before.

by the by, i have now rebooted and scanned again and no trojan was found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac