I have no creativity

powerless 23:29 19 Sep 04

I got a B in Art at me GCSE's.

But when it comes to designing a site, i get no where = very fast.

So i'm lookig at templates, am i that bad?

User-312386 23:36 19 Sep 04

no you are not

A lot of top designers use templates

I have loads of templates if you want them?

What are you using to design?

Forum Editor 23:40 19 Sep 04

It does you credit, and I wish more people would face the fact that design skills are not part of their range of talents.

For people like you templates are a godsend, and with so many to choose from now there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to turn out a decent-looking site. A tweak here and a colour change there can transform a basic template into something worth-while, and you're free to concentrate on the content.

Forum Editor 17:49 20 Sep 04

Style without substance is a waste of time - unfortunately there are plenty of sites that prove the point.

mbp 19:07 20 Sep 04

I have asked myself many times, What do I want in my web site that could possibly interest any one except perhaps the family? I am not trying to sell anything, it will be a private, personal, web site.

Try visiting some of the private web sites. I am sorry to say that I have mainly been bored to tears. Can I possibly produce a web site that 55% of the visitors, even if limited to family, would say, I like that site, I'll visit it again. The chances are I will fail miserably! So what do I need? Artistic skills? Literary skills? A good sense of humour? An interesting subject? Plenty of pre-research? What sort of topics will draw them in?

Oh Gosh! I give up!

mbp 19:16 20 Sep 04

I believe Page Plus 5 is free and if you like it you can upgrade to Page Plus 8. Serif often have special offers and so the upgrade is not expensive. Page Plus has wizards to help you make that web page and to post it to the website. It is probably one of the least expensive web page designing programs on the market.

Forum Editor 23:21 20 Sep 04

I stumble across a family web site by chance, and I always have a slight sense of embarrassement. It's like looking through someone's window at night, you're interested, but you hope that nobody else spots what you're up to.

There's no doubt that such sites are a wonderful way of keeping family and friends in touch with what's going on, but I sometimes feel they should have a digital front door lock - password protection - so that we can't peek, especially if they contain embarrassing stories.

powerless 23:38 20 Sep 04

Nice? click here

Simon_P 02:17 21 Sep 04

Free if it is non comercial
click here

mbp 21:11 21 Sep 04

forum member: No problems here! But it seems a bit expensive for those on restricted budgets. I think I will struggle to produce my own unique design.

Gaz 25 21:56 21 Sep 04

them sites are merely good photoshop jobs, and are too image heavy.

Keep sites simple and quick loading!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…