i have a netgear router and adaptor .. can i?

coppertj 15:45 03 Feb 07

i already have a netgear router in one room with my xp desktop and my son has the adaptor on his desktop in his room, we have 1 meg tiscali broadband and i have just put in to upgrade to tiscali max, they said that once done they will send thru the software and filters, i know what to do with the filters but the software? it was a nightmare setting up the wireless before and had to keep ringing netgear and im dreading it, will it be a simple put disc in and done>>>>????
please help

howard64 18:37 03 Feb 07

more or less I have the netgear setup and I did put the disk in to the pc with the wired connection to the router. I then set the ssid for the wireless and used a usb drive to record the info. This was then put in the other pc and I had contact. Good luck.

coppertj 15:12 04 Feb 07

thanks i will let you know how i get on... disc not arrived yet!!
cross fingers!!

coppertj 14:51 24 Feb 07

they havnt sent a disc or new filters? i guess they want me to use the ones i already have from using 1 meg broadband?

howard64 17:31 24 Feb 07

if all they are doing is upgrading your line you should not have to do anything the software you presently have will work just as well. All you should notice is that your connection speed has increased.

coppertj 20:10 24 Feb 07

lol well was great connection for 12 days then BAM gone from 5120 kps to a measly 141 kps!!?? been on the phone and tiscali have referred it to an engineer.... i should have stuck with 1 meg.... funny thing is i asked for upgrade and they done it but if i put my number in their line speedcheck it says i can only get 2meg?

coppertj 16:22 28 Feb 07

still waiting .... tiscali 's engineer on it?? got 126 kps at the minute!

terryf 20:31 28 Feb 07

Shouda gone to Eclipse:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now