I have made a terrible mistake

bovthedog 20:26 13 Aug 13

Yes I switched from AOL where I had a nice stable connection via a Netgear router (2.4Ghz)at 5Mb/s to BT (for the sport, which doesn't work for me) where I have an unstable connection via a BT Hub at speed of 1Mb/s, but that's my own fault and not the real reason for this post. I now find that after using the Hub (2.4/5Ghz dual band)for two weeks my cordless phone (2.4Ghz fixed frequency) now disconnects the Hub. The phone did not interfere with the Netgear router so I'm at a loss to know this has suddenly happened. Hub and phone base unit are in same position as before and I've changed the filters. I know the Hub is dual band but all my devices are 2.4Ghz so that's the only frequency running. Any thoughts appreciated. BTW if there are any TalkTalk/AOL customers out there who thought that their technical support was bad, try BT. Oh one other thing, can anyone explain why speed is only 1Mb/s from same exchange and down same wire as gave me 5Mb/s?

Algerian peter ™ 20:47 13 Aug 13

try changing the channels on the hub. This might help.

click here phone might also have an option to change channels.

The

bovthedog 20:55 13 Aug 13

Thanks Ap but as I said my network adapters and other stuff are all 2.4Mhz so that's what the Hub selected, but I'll give it a try. Phone being long in the tooth doesn't have another channel. I get by at present by using an old wired phone which is no problem at all except that it's fixed.

morddwyd 08:43 14 Aug 13

I also have a problem with new BT equipment not working with existing set up.

I have an ongoing enquiry with the EU Commission, via my MEP, aisling why BT were licensed to use CE marking for telecoms equipment which is not backwards compatible.

You might wish to do the same - the more complaints they get the more likely they are to stop BT riding roughshod over other providers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac