I have a laptop with no S -Video Port...Help!

Ronyap 21:16 06 Sep 08

Hi

My current situation is that I used to watch my videos on TV through my old laptop through this set of cables:

click here

Now I have gotten a new laptop I find that it has no S-Video Port! I really want to watch my videos through this laptop rather than my chunky old one > .

My new laptop however has HDMI and VGA ports. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a small adapter which maybe can let my S-Video Cable connect to my laptop through any means whether it be a USB-S-Video/VGA-S-Video/HDMI-S-Video adapter.

You know....like one of those USB-Micro SD adapters for computers that has no Micro/SD slot.

Or if its not possible..can anyone direct me to buy a different set of cables that are both cheap and efficient.

I have checked the wireless solution...but the box thing ranges from £60-£160 so far o_0. I was just wondering whether Wireless solution is stable and reliable?

Thanks!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 06 Sep 08
  Ronyap 21:39 06 Sep 08

Thanks ^^

But now something else is worrying me.

1) Your VGA card must support TV out directly through VGA port function.

How do I test for this?

2) It doesnt look very long. I need it to be about 2m long >< . Any way to lengthen it?

Thanks again.

Ronyap 13:12 07 Sep 08

no one? T_T

Ronyap 13:28 07 Sep 08

Ok.

Dell Laptop XPS M1330.

Also, I have decided to buy a HDMI wire now, since it is more up to date. Any precautions I need before I buy it? Like if my computer supports HDMI, how do I check? My Laptop has the HDMI output port, does that mean it automatically supports it?

I am planning on buying a HDMI cable between the prices of £6 and £15. SOme I see are £50! Whats the difference? I assume that the 50 quid one will give better picture quality, but it wouldnt be that much far off would it?

Sorry for the sudden change in question :P

Ronyap 14:07 07 Sep 08

Thanks! :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…