I have Just Found This in My C Drive...Help!!

anniel 15:57 14 Feb 05

HideRun.exe. I googled it and it sounds as though it could be dangerous. I tried to delete it using [email protected], but that failed.

Can anyone advise me what to do to get rid of it?

I cannot think that I ever installed this. It siad it was a worm in Google, but I do have:

Avast AV, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Prevx...so I cannot understand how it got onto my C drive witout being noticed by any safety programme.

I feel very worried...Please help

bluesbrother 16:19 14 Feb 05

According to Sophos you have Bat/Boohoo-A. Go to
click here for info on how to get rid of it.

pj123 16:23 14 Feb 05

Looks like hiderun is only a small part of a worm.

Did you read this explanation in Google? click here

There are removal instructions given towards the bottom.

anniel 16:37 14 Feb 05

BB and pj I had read both those articles, but as I have neither Symantec or Sophos, which I understand are quite expensive, I was hoping there might be a way to delete and clean without paying megabucks.

If that is the only way to do it, then I would try S
Sophos as I once had Norton and fell out with it!

Incidentally, I cannot find a site to download Spohos.

Does anyone know one?

Alan H E 16:51 14 Feb 05

Have you tried Symantecs site & McAfee - sometimes they have specific removal tools. Also try McAfees Stinger may work. Good hunting.

curlylad 17:05 14 Feb 05

It seems to me that this worm is a variant of the BAT/Mumu.worm . Symantec have a removal tool for this worm which you can get from here click here

Instructions for removal:-

Goto my link and download/save to desktop ,close all running programs , disconnect from internet(+ network if applicable) , disable system restore , double click the tool and click start to begin removal , restart PC when tool has finished scan , run tool again , re enable system restore.

If whilst running the tool you get a message saying something like 'not able to remove one or more files' run the tool again in safe mode.

bluesbrother 17:06 14 Feb 05

click here A very good anti virus prog.

Evaluate Sophos Anti-Virus Small Business Edition for 30 days click here

click here Symantec online virus scan

pj123 17:52 14 Feb 05

You don't need to have the programmes. Just print out the removal instructions and follow them through.

anniel 19:25 14 Feb 05

I have now downloaded and run the Symantec tool and the McAfee one..but no infection found.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the programme HitRun.exe..it may noy have a worm but I want rid of it!!

Thanks to veeryone for the help. I have kept the programmes on my desktop!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…