i have got a new hp pavillion g60 will not play films.

ezthefez 02 Apr 13

I purchased a laptop hp pavilion g60,having down loaded two films they will not play on the laptop, I also down loaded VLC to play them but no luck still will not play films as I am a learner at this help in normal jargon will be most welcome please.

mart7 02 Apr 13

Can you give us some information about what file types you are trying to play? What error messages do you get when the files dont play in vlc or media player?

woodchip 02 Apr 13

Will Media Player Play them, its a MS Program that should be on the Laptop

ezthefez 02 Apr 13

file type is ahashare utorrent, and vlc media player, I downloaded films from Ahashare. erroe code which comes up is, oxcood11cd and (ox8000ffff)and then the XBOX logo comes up under that it says report to Microsoft which I had done befor but got no response. Hope this helps.

mart7 02 Apr 13

What file type? avi,xvid,mp4,x264?

ezthefez 03 Apr 13

Dear Mart. I have downloaded ahashare, for the films I down load, and VLC to play them but I can not play the films I have down loaded with the VLC,can I go back to windows media to play them, hope this helps.

mart7 03 Apr 13

still doesnt tell me the file types you are trying to play? If wm player works yes fine

lotvic 03 Apr 13

Site says 'VLC Player is NOT recommeneded' you need the k-lite codec pack and Media Player Classic. Go back to the aha home page and in the left column click on 'How to play the video'

mart7 03 Apr 13

lotvic these are only avis xvid and x264 video files why the site is promoting the non use of vlc is beyond my understanding it plays anything without the need for codecs ive just tried 2 sample files from here works fine in vlc

lotvic 03 Apr 13

mart7, yes I thought same, but that's what the site says. I think I'll leave it there as they look like pirated vids on that site and FE will come down hard if they are and help is given. (against forum rules to assist with pirated stuff)

mart7 04 Apr 13

Yeah true lotvic

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message