I have changed an file. Please Help!!!

Ricky007 19:04 07 Apr 03

When Windows XP asks you how do you want to open a particular file that has no icon there are two choice. One is to open with a program that you choose and one that you let the internet choose. Well i choose the first option and i choose to open up a file called read31.tmp in windows media player. Now for all my other .tmp files open in windows media player. i want this to stop. i think tmp stands for tempory file but i want all my tmp files to be normal before i clicked on teh windows media player coice. please help.

Pesala 19:25 07 Apr 03

but a bit more tricky than usual, as we don't normally wish to open *.tmp files with any program. From windows Explorer, select Tools, Folder Options. On the dialogue box that appears, select File Types. A list of file types will appear after a few seconds.

Scroll down this list until you find the TMP file type, which opens with media player. Select and press delete to remove this file type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…