i have asked this before

nutty norm 21:08 PM 05 Jan 13

My SD Card from my nikon camera is not recognised on my computer , would it worked if i got a card reader then it would plug directly in to the usb port, nutty norm PS Windows 7

rdave13 21:15 PM 05 Jan 13

You can certainly try it as the usb card readers are cheap. If no joy can you ask someone else with a different OS PC to see if you can recover the photos? If you can recover your photos I would use the camera's, not the PC, to reformat the card.

Having said that your PC's card reader might not support SDHC cards and a cheap usb card reader will.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:15 PM 05 Jan 13

Unlikely if it is corrupt

plugging into another device won't help

If it doesn't work on your computer does it work in another or in the camera?

Nontek 21:15 PM 05 Jan 13

It should work, provided the card is not corrupted.

SillBill 21:16 PM 05 Jan 13

There is every chance that it will work if it isn't corrupted, card readers are not very expensive, in fact you can get them in Pound Shops for, wait for it, £1.00!

compumac 22:17 PM 05 Jan 13

What is the size of the SD card? Some older card readers will not read current large sizes of cards.

wee eddie 11:13 AM 06 Jan 13

Assuming that the Camera reads the SD Card, then it has not become corrupted.

Is it possible that the Card Reader is failing to read the Card, or even faulty. See rdave13's idea above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…