I have accidentally 'Cut' three photos. Where are they?

muddypaws 15:26 PM 03 Feb 12
Answered

Basic question: In copying/pasting dozens of photos I have 'cut' instead of 'copied' three photos. I assumed they might have gone to the bin, but no trace there. Can I find them somewhere? They are not very important pictures, but just curious. I was viewing them in XP Home SP3 Picture and Fax viewer. They are still showing there even when I scroll past and back again so I haven't closed the window. They are/were on my external drive that has no restore point, and is the only location for this particular folder. I do have other C drive clones, but not with this one folder in.

Thanks

muddypaws 15:30 PM 03 Feb 12

It was a silly question. They were still on my mouse right click, luckily. Apologies.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:35 PM 03 Feb 12

still in program memory so use - File - save as - to resave to your ext drive.

they will acutally still e on the drive its just that windows will have wiped the first letter of the file name so windows can not now see them and will use the space they occupy for other files.

A recovery program like Recuva (often on this mags cover dvds) wcan recover the files.. provided it is used before widows writes mor files to the drive and overwrites the space occupied by the file.

muddypaws 19:23 PM 03 Feb 12
Answer

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thanks for that. I do use Recuva, but as per my last post I recovered them from the 'mouse' Now have that folder backed up on to two more drives.

ton 20:00 PM 03 Feb 12

"I recovered them from the mouse"

That must be the clipboard then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites