I HATE SPYWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt1234 00:01 12 Mar 05

hi

i am called to peoples houses with people saying "my computer has become slow" and i always run a virus scan, clear out temp internet files ETC. But when i get to spyware scan, the computer is full of it.

Now i go to people who arnt very computer literate and by the end of explaining it they pretty much hate it like i do. Personally it is as bad a viruses and should be illegal to even produce it!!!

It aint to bad to me because its good 2 hours work so i get paid but its unfair as many people dont know what half of this stuff does!!!

I say make it illegal and make windows update download microsoft anti-spyware to your machine and the problem will be almost gone (i hope)!!!

Sorry i had to say this!!!

matt

spruce 05:28 12 Mar 05

you wish, I wish, everyone wishes, but it aint going to happen.

captain fantastic 06:00 12 Mar 05

I have now downloaded several programs to rid my machine of spyware. But I think everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon. A recent review said that Xoftspy was the best. I downloaded it,it found two spyware programs one of which is high threat but they want about $44 to buy the product and none of the other well known spyware programs find this spyware - is it a con to get you to buy xoftspy I wonder? How do we know?

Jackcoms 07:45 12 Mar 05

"and none of the other well known spyware programs find this spyware"

So, it seems to me that Xoftspy is jumping on a financial bandwagon. Has it REALLY found something??

Stick with the free anti-malware programs. There's enough of them out there.

Noldi 08:03 12 Mar 05

Maybe the people developing these antispyware programss actualy put this spyware folders on you computer when you scan and then try to charge to remove it. I agree Microsft Antispyware is doing OK for Me.

Noldi

Andsome 08:32 12 Mar 05

This is well worth a look. I agree, for the home user the free programs do a wonderful job, but MUST be kept updated.

click here

Stuartli 10:17 12 Mar 05

Try the Firefox browser - plus, as a backup although needed only a fraction of the time compared to IE, SpywareBlaster, Ad-aware 1.5 SE and Search and Destroy; advise those you visit to update all of them regularly.

Stuartli 10:19 12 Mar 05

I came to the same conclusion as you when I first tried these type of utilities - always successful at "finding" problems and offering to remove at a price.

dogbreath1 10:49 12 Mar 05

Microsoft claim that they seriously addressed security issues in the making of SP2. Well it took them long enough. It's taken all these years for them to slip into humble mode and buy out Giant Software. And if they are true to their word, MS Antispyware will remain free and, as an aside, will hopefully be bundled with future releases of XP or Longhorn.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:02 12 Mar 05

Downloading, updating and scanning for spyware gives me something to do at night when there's nothing on the telly.

Unfortunately spyware, viruses and hackers are a fact of life and people require educating about them. Where would we be without people like Nellie2 to help rid our computers of this scourge.

For anyone not yet protected then:-

Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
Microworld click here

Individual virus removers:_
Bitdefender click here
Stinger click here

Antivirus on line checks:-
Panda click here
Trend Online Check click here
symantec click here

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
Spyware Sweeper click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here

CW Shredder click here
Purity Scan removal click here
Incredifinf removal click here

Antidialer click here

Firewalls :-
Kerio4 click here
Nrt firewall 2.0.1 click here
Sygate click here
ZoneAlarm click here

keithlik 15:25 15 Mar 05

Friut Bat is ACE. .....but try the AdAware link first - I find it the best
Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…