i hate my computer!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:16 24 Oct 04

1)it makes waves go down the page whenever in IE,or explorer.2)it often freezes.3)when ever i boot into windows XP start button doesn't work untill 2 minutes later.now i am trying to install a program and then when setup asks where you wan't to install (program files defualt) and i click next it doesn't work.specification:windowsXPHE,amdathlon 2200+,256mbddr,4.8gb hdd.can anyone tell me some possible reasons why it runs so slow?.

rawprawn 18:26 24 Oct 04

Start /Run / type sfc /scannow, and before you do that Start /Programs / accessories / system Tools / Disc clean up and then Defrag

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:42 24 Oct 04

will do rawprawn.cheers

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:47 24 Oct 04

Ccleaner and Regseeker tend to work wonders if the fault is not hardware related.

G

curlylad 20:07 24 Oct 04

It's our old mate with the 500 floppies, in a spot of bother are we ? Not to worry.
Have you began by clearing all the rubbish out with GANDALFs Ccleaner ? If so try the 'rawprawn' recipe , do a scandisk and defrag , run your anti virus and try a windows update.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:56 24 Oct 04

nice to see you again,been a whilse hasn't it?.ok doky will do the things i have to do.cheers all.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac