i hate my computer!

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:16 24 Oct 04

1)it makes waves go down the page whenever in IE,or explorer.2)it often freezes.3)when ever i boot into windows XP start button doesn't work untill 2 minutes later.now i am trying to install a program and then when setup asks where you wan't to install (program files defualt) and i click next it doesn't work.specification:windowsXPHE,amdathlon 2200+,256mbddr,4.8gb hdd.can anyone tell me some possible reasons why it runs so slow?.

rawprawn 18:26 24 Oct 04

Start /Run / type sfc /scannow, and before you do that Start /Programs / accessories / system Tools / Disc clean up and then Defrag

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:42 24 Oct 04

will do rawprawn.cheers

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:47 24 Oct 04

Ccleaner and Regseeker tend to work wonders if the fault is not hardware related.

G

curlylad 20:07 24 Oct 04

It's our old mate with the 500 floppies, in a spot of bother are we ? Not to worry.
Have you began by clearing all the rubbish out with GANDALFs Ccleaner ? If so try the 'rawprawn' recipe , do a scandisk and defrag , run your anti virus and try a windows update.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:56 24 Oct 04

nice to see you again,been a whilse hasn't it?.ok doky will do the things i have to do.cheers all.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…