i get constant errors help

will123 21:11 30 Sep 04

Windows Me
I keep gettin error messages and this close programs and shuts things down

An example is
explorer has caused and error in (unknown)
other programs do the same
how do i stop this and why is it happening plese help
Thanks

Dan the Confused 21:13 30 Sep 04

Click start>run and type sfc (press enter).

will123 21:14 30 Sep 04

then what will happen then what do i do

VoG II 21:17 30 Sep 04

Nothing. Windows ME doesn't have sfc.

Have you tried a System Restore?

will123 21:19 30 Sep 04

sys restore dosnt help any other ideas

stalion 21:20 30 Sep 04

That's funny VoG™ ROLFMAO

Dan the Confused 21:21 30 Sep 04

Oops! My goof! :Z

will123 21:22 30 Sep 04

what are you talking about any help that i can use

stalion 21:25 30 Sep 04

sorry ,have you scanned for viruses and malaware
click here

VoG II 21:27 30 Sep 04

First you need to enter the BIOS. This normally means pressing a key, or combination of keys, immediately after switch-on. A message to this effect usually flashes up on the screen when you switch on, such as "To enter setup press Del". Other common BIOS codes are listed at click here.

When the BIOS screen appears you will see a set of menu options. Look for one labelled Boot or Startup and select the item Boot Order, or First Boot; this will be set to HD0, HD1 or the serial number of your hard disc drive.

Change the setting to read CD, CD-Rom or the serial number of your CD/DVD-Rom drive, Save the Change and Exit the BIOS. Open the CD-Rom drive, insert your ME disk and restart your computer.

Follow the on-screen prompts to do a reinstallation (over the top repair) of Windows.

* IMPORTANT * Copy anything really important like documents and so on to removable media (CDRW, ZIP etc.) before doing this. Having said that, I used this procedure several times when I had ME, with no ill effects.

will123 21:28 30 Sep 04

i do this now any other ideas keep posting i will tell you the results when its finished thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…