I don't want to go on a Safari

john bunyan 09:33 07 Apr 08

My Sat.4 Apr. update of iTunes by default installed Safari. I have read the Google articles. I do not want this browser and did a system restore to Friday to get rid of it. How do I ensure that the iTune update does not re-install it? I am on XP MCE and IE 7.

birdface 09:50 07 Apr 08

From Home Page.click here

john bunyan 10:32 07 Apr 08

buteman. Thanks - but I am still not sure how to avoid Safari being downloaded with iTunes update.

birdface 11:22 07 Apr 08

Not sure.Can you delete it from add remove and then run C Cleaner.Then if ti wants you to download it again ,refuse to.You might find something on here.click here There is one from Andrew T that might help.

Mike D 12:00 07 Apr 08

When I updated ITunes, there was a checkbox for Safari. I just unchecked it and downloaded ITunes only.

Covergirl 12:32 07 Apr 08

It keeps popping up a window (every few days or so) asking me if I want to install Safari and ITunes. I only wanted QuickTime in the first place and declined the others at installation.

john bunyan 13:39 07 Apr 08

Thanks - I'll look out for the checkbox next time! Got rid of it by a system restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced