I dont know if I want to post this??

gudda96 10:46 24 Jul 06

My brain is stuffed.......this morning, I started with a star in my System Tray and it is a validation warning saying I may not be legit.

I have now learned its a MS "thing" and lots of people are up in arms about it, but I will stick to my case.

When I bought pc some years ago, it included a genuine copy of XP Home, it had/has the OEM label stuck on with product key no and I have the cd.

As I have re-installed a few times after reformats, I learnt this can create a need to revalidate and although I thought I would have to pay, I was given a tel number (presumly ms) and when I phoned, they gave me a number and all has been well since, until today.

I have tried to "fix" it myself my following various links and have carried out the ms diagnostic tool download and it states genuine and strangely enough, the product key is still the same.

But I am still getting the message, any advice please

johnnyrocker 10:48 24 Jul 06

contact ms for resolution?

johnny.

gudda96 11:40 24 Jul 06

Johnrocker

Can you elaborate please

SANTOS7 11:46 24 Jul 06

We cannot validate your O/S for you, phone Microsoft useing the number you have rung before, explain to them what has happened, i am sure they will advise you accordingly..

Sic 11:47 24 Jul 06

I think johnny is saying the easiest way to resolve this issue is to phone microsoft up. just have all the info to hand (license key and CD etc) and they should be able to sort you out.

Just use the same number you did for validation.

Sic 11:48 24 Jul 06

Santos.....beat me by 20 seconds!! ;)

SANTOS7 11:50 24 Jul 06

You were counting then!! i'll let you go first next time, LOL

rodriguez 12:06 24 Jul 06

There's just a small little problem with the WGA tool that MS released - it identifies about 1 in 5 genuine copies as fake. I think MS have put an uninstall utility on their website somewhere so get that and remove it from your system and ignore the bloody thing.

gudda96 12:09 24 Jul 06

Sic/santos

I phoned ms this morning and a)I could not understand the guy very well but I eventually gleaned this much .
he said I have 3 options

1-go online and follow instructions which got me nowhere.

2-contact the manufacturer as they should support as they installed the product and licence,but shop not available now and I dont know the manufacturer.

3-contact ms support at £45 per hr.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:12 24 Jul 06

click here is the MS removal method.

G

kdt 12:13 24 Jul 06

ms uninstall tool at support.microsoft.com/kh/921914 i think have a try..good luck...kdt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now