I do not want these two on My Desktop.

timothywilliam 16:53 17 Sep 07

In XP- On Start Up My Desktop opens with the usual icons plus two Dialog Boxes, one for BT Communicator with Yahoo, the other with Music Launch. I never use either and want to get rid of them. I have gone into Run>misconfig>Utility>Startup tab where I would expect to find something to uncheck but my problem is I do not know which title these two go under. Assuming I am in the correct screen can anyone tell me please ?

€dstowe 16:57 17 Sep 07

If you just want to remove from your desktop, RIGHT click on the icon and click "delete".

Be careful removing programs you are not absolutely sure about - they often interact with others so you could end up in the proverbial.

timothywilliam 17:08 17 Sep 07

Hello Edstowe,
I have the Icon as well in my System Tray and if I right click that it gives me all the options. It is just the thought that my apparantly slow loading at Start Up is being aggravated by these two boxes that is bugging me. But I take your point on the proverbial. Thanks, Timothy.

Diemmess 17:24 17 Sep 07

You will usually be safe removing icons from the Desktop if they have a small arrow at the bottom left corner. This indicates a shortcut, not the program itself.

Marko797 17:42 17 Sep 07

Timothy, u can delete start up entries in ccleaner too. Tools/Start-Up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…