I Desperately Need Wireless Internet!!! HELP ME!

cubeladd 15:30 17 Feb 04

Ok here's the deal...

I want to set a wireless internet connection for my second PC upstairs. It needs to be wireless as I don't have a phone or cable line in my bedroom, and I can't get one installed as Iam currently living in someone elses house.

About a year ago I brought a BT on-air 1800, which is basically a phone with a built in modem that transmits signals to a USB receiver. Once I had set it up however, I found that it wouldn't receive a dial-tone no matter how many times I tried. My second solution was to share the broadband connection on my downstairs PC. For this I forked out for a wireless router, LAN card, Network card (turned out to be PCMCIA and had to buy another!) and Cat 5 cable. After all that I have found that my ISP doesn't support LAN connections!!! I am now very skint and faustrated:(

Anyway..I was wonderering if you guys had any advice. Iam thinking about getting a wireless phone extension as my last option, link below

click here

This would be a bad option, as I know they only run at half the speed of 56k. I don't see any other option at the moment though.

johnnyrocker 15:57 17 Feb 04

click here or click here should sort you.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…