I deleted my primary partition in fdisk.......

Ali G 13:33 23 May 03

and now I cant re-create it.After I deleted my primary partition,I rebooted and now my pc wont let me back into fdisk to create a new one.I cant get the comand promt up.All i get is no operating system found and thats it.can anyone help me?I will have this page up in the back ground so I will repley asap thanx in advance....jcket

Legolas 13:41 23 May 03

Do you have a boot up floppy, if so boot up with the floppy and run fdisk, then create your primary partition.

Ali G 13:46 23 May 03

I have tried that and I still get the same thing.I have tried with a 95 boot disk and 98 boot disk and i have even tried with a xp cd but no luck.

Legolas 14:06 23 May 03

Have you tried going into the BIOS to see if your HDD drive is being recognized

Squall 14:18 23 May 03

I think the command is fixmbr at a command line.

pj123 15:46 23 May 03

email me your address and I will send you a boot disk (floppy) that will start any computer. and you can then run fdisk.

You would need to make sure your BIOS is set to start from the floppy drive first.

Ali G 14:56 24 May 03

I cant get a comd line up on my pc and how do i fix my boot record?

Peter 15:22 24 May 03

I have a small programme called MBRWORKS.EXE, which runs from the command line and can be used to restore the partition that you deleted. You will need a bootable floppy, which can be downloaded from a site on the web; no doubt someone else will be able to post the address here.

I can email you MBRWORKS.EXE if you feel that it would help.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…