I crave your indulgence, non-computer query.

Brumas 21:38 20 Jul 05

No doubt I deserve several ‘tellings off’ for posting this, a non-computer subject, on the forum so I shall apologise now, it won’t happen again.

Does anyone know of a forum ’even half as good’ as this one that deals with Koi-keeping. Yes I know I can Google to my heart’s content and find several possibilities but I know the PCA forum is the best of it’s kind in it’s field - I want the Koi equivalent and your recommendations would sort the wheat from the chaff.

The thing is if I make ‘simple’ mistakes with my computer they generally can be fixed without hurting the computer - the same can not be said for living fish ! I have started this new hobby and I will try to do every thing correctly - but I feel I will need a shoulder to cry on now and again and access to experts (same as my approach to computers really !)

pj123 22:02 20 Jul 05

I appreciate this thread shouldn't be on here but have you tried: click here

or even this one>
click here

and again

click here

woodchip 22:06 20 Jul 05

What kind of tank you got them in?

VoG II 22:08 20 Jul 05

According to Coronation Street you should rescue them into a skip and place in Gail's back garden.

I know of no more authoritative advice, Scooter (I presume).

pj123 22:09 20 Jul 05

woodchip, hopefully he hasn't got them in a tank but in a quite large pond. I have Goldfish, Koi and Tench, but not in a tank. A nice very large pond in the garden.

woodchip 22:09 20 Jul 05

Fish are fish. We have Sarsa Comets, and Shubkin and Gold fish, and they bread like hell so my daughter must be doing something right. this is not a new pond, And it's fibreglass. the Biggest fish will be about 8ins long

woodchip 22:10 20 Jul 05

Pond about 15 years old

woodchip 22:17 20 Jul 05

PS

I have seen tanks with Koi in that's been 15ftx15ft by 4ft-6ins deep

woodchip 22:18 20 Jul 05

But you should not use new cement ponds, it will kill fish

pharte 22:24 20 Jul 05

click here

try the quality koi company based in Brighouse w. yorks

Sugden Memorial Hall, Bridge End, Brighouse, West Yorkshire HD6 3DN

Tel: 01484722015

the outlaw works there..... they are proper fish keepers who have full knowledge and advice is free.....

Brumas 22:28 20 Jul 05

As I do not want to incur the F.E.'s wrath by allowing this to get out of hand I shall green tick it before I go to bed.

I used a Lotus Lifetime guaranteed pvc liner. The pond is approx 10feetx7feetx3feet. I have 11 2-3 inch koi of various varieties.

Thanks all for the observations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced