I cant use my win 98 PC its asking me to reinstall

Me&U22 09:58 04 Dec 07

Dear All,

last night i've downloaded this software click here

and then afterward my pc become blank.

the message i receive is this: whence i click on the first mesaage as an OK it appears like this: error loading explorere.exe you must reinstall windows.

and then after ok another message appears which is this: the msvcrt.dll file linked to missing export ntdll.rtlgenten version number.

i did the command promt only cd windows\options\cabs which is three times i've installed from hard drive but the message shown above is still there so none happen.

Thanks in advance

johnnyrocker 10:04 04 Dec 07

reboot into dos and run/type scanreg/ restore and you should have 5 previous occassions pc was ok, choose one of those and you should be ok, then go get a better rated anti spyware.

johnny.

Me&U22 10:07 04 Dec 07

Thanks Johnnyrocker for youre replay,

How do i do that?

Thanks

johnnyrocker 10:09 04 Dec 07

reboot and it should give the option of restart in dos. and proceed from there.

johnny

Me&U22 10:12 04 Dec 07

Hi again Johnnyrocker

you mean whence i restar the pc and then click f8 and then which options shell i choice?

many thanks

birdface 10:12 04 Dec 07

I will go with johnyrocker on this one. A two star rating.That would put most folk off from downloading it.

johnnyrocker 10:15 04 Dec 07

it might work but you should have a restart facility.

johnny,

Me&U22 10:17 04 Dec 07

Hi guys,

the problem i have is that i can not access to my main screen which the one i used to access and i dont have any cd to use them.

The main screen its blue and blank which two message box which i've explaned in my 1st topic.

birdface 10:29 04 Dec 07

Did you try last good configuration when in safe mode.Or does the screen not work there either.

ventanas 10:33 04 Dec 07

What appears to have happened is that the installation has overwritten a vital Windows file (msvcrt.dll) with another (its own) version, and that is what has killed your machine. This problem was a continual nuisance with earlier versions of Windows, but did not usually affect the operating system, only individual programs. If you cannot manage to roll back the system as suggested above, no version of Windows is going to start if it cannot run Explorer.exe. You have no other option but to reinstall Windows in this situation. You seem to have tried that already from your hard drive without success, but this time you may need to reformat, so the Windows setup files need to copied to CD.

Me&U22 10:35 04 Dec 07

Hi Buteman,

Yes i did it and the screen was fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5