I cant use a DVD + RW with my Sony RDR -\hxd 560

dolphinaber 22:24 01 Dec 08

Can anybody please tell me why I cant use a DVD + RW with the above recorder. According to the manual I should be able to record on them.
If not what should I be using. Thank you.

MCE2K5 23:03 01 Dec 08

After you insert the DVD+RW does it give you an option to Format the disc.

MCE2K5 23:19 01 Dec 08

If the DVD+RW has been recorded on before, It has to be Re-Formatted before it can be used again,

See Online Manual click here Page 35, 8. Reformatting a disc.

dolphinaber 09:26 02 Dec 08

Thank you MCE. I have another recorder a Panasonic which handles the DVD+RW OK.
The discs I am using have been formatted and unused. However when I put one in the Sony and press on record I get a Window come up saying `The disc is unrecordable`

MCE2K5 22:31 02 Dec 08

Could be a duff DVD, Try another brand.

I have been using Memorex DVD+RW's for a while now and suddenly I could not use them on my Panasonic.

Changed to Tesco's own Brand DVD+RW's, They work every time at Fast (4x) speed, Even though the Memorex were 4x, most of the time they would only burn at 2x (26 minutes per DVD), Tesco's (12 minutes per DVD).

dolphinaber 22:10 03 Dec 08

Sorry I cant remember much these days but when I got this recorder a couple of months ago off ebay I was sure I did a number of recordings then but cant be sure and I would be using the discs I have now which are the same as yours but from Aldi. Perhaps dvd-rw might work.
Have you got the Panasonic DMR -EX75EB or 85EB?

MCE2K5 22:31 03 Dec 08

Mine's the Panasonic DMR-EX75EB.

I use DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL and DVD-R.

dolphinaber 23:57 03 Dec 08

Yes I have no trouble with the Panasonic which I expect like you find it does a good job.

dolphinaber 11:17 10 Dec 08

Just to finalise this posting I bought a few DVD-RW yesterday and they work fine in the machine.
Cheers and thank you

tullie 11:31 10 Dec 08

Maybe they wouldent let you reuse them because if you format it,it has been recognised as written to by the writer,just a thought.There is no need to format a blank disk

dolphinaber 20:34 11 Dec 08

Still dont understand why I can use DVD-RW and not DVD+RW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now