i can't turn on norton antivirus

DrLector 08:20 28 Apr 06

the small icon of my norton antivirus and fire wall have gone from the bottom of my screen, so it opend norton from my desk top and found that thay are both turnd off, i try to turn them back on ,,i clicked enable but nothing happens ? same with my fire wall, and now i think its afeting other thing my outlook exspress email wont open, i cant log-in to my ebay acount,
iv tryed a avg scan and spywere and all seemd to
be ok
any idears
thanks

xania 09:06 28 Apr 06

I would think you've probably picked up a nasty thats blocking access to Norton and also giving you false negatives. You don't mention what operating system you are using so I'll assume XP, but this should also work in 98SE. Start/Run/msconfig, and click the rightmost tab. This lists all the programmes that are launched at bootup. Unclick every one and reboot. Now run your scans from fresh and see what is reported. Then launch Norton manually and see if this overcomes the problem. Finally, go back into msconfig and click only those programmes you really want to launch, one at a time, rebooting as you go, to see if you can identify which is stopping Norton from running correctly.

Happy hunting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…