i can't system restore my pc

callumwd 13:16 26 Aug 08

i have a virus that can't be detected by my anti-virus and i need to system restore my computer i also have a problem with a blue screen that appears after i shut down the computer it says it has shut down the computer to prevent harm can anyone help.

iqs 13:56 26 Aug 08

Cant you access system restore through XP?,did you create a system restore point before the virus?.can you install another anti virus app?.

If no to the above try..

click here

You could check that the virus is not listed in the start up folder or start up in msconfig

ronalddonald 23:01 27 Aug 08

Dont you have an xp disc. You could reinsall xp. insert disc into drive restart comp as it isbeing restarted press f12 or f8 key and follow on screen insturctions.

Make sure you back up data b4 you do any of the above or you will Permanently delete info that you might need later.

beeuuem 02:33 28 Aug 08

What is the actual problem with system restore, does it not open, or give a error message?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…