I can't Standby !?!?

shandykid 22:45 03 May 03

Hi - Could someone please help me with a very annoying problem. I've just purchased a new TIME pc with Windows XP. More often than not, when I press the button on the keyboard for 'STANDBY' mode, I get the an error window with the following message.......

System Standby Failed
"The device driver for the ‘nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)’ device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver"

When I then try to restart or switch off the pc, two further windows appear one after another, firstly - End Program ccApp then CRTcclient. Then the pc 'hangs up' and I have to hit the Reset button to re-boot.

Can anyone help me....please

hugh-265156 23:53 03 May 03

ccApp.exe is part of norton antivirus.nvidia wdm video capture is the nvidia hardware driver for your graphics card to capture e.g. videos into your computer via svideo and/or analog video Input.seems norton and nvidia drivers are causing the problems.also ive heard if you have an asus mobo the problem with wdm errors is quite common with ti4200`s.try removing norton first update the drivers for the card next and see what happens.

hugh-265156 23:55 03 May 03

ps.have a look in controlpanel/administrativetools/eventviewer may give you some clues as to whats goin on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…