I can't see my wireless network connection

Codi 20:40 05 Nov 05

Hi

I have connected a wireless router and have followed the connection instructions on the install CD and the quick set up guide. I have a Belkin High speed mode wireless G router hard wired to my main PC and an NTL broadband modem connected to the internet. I have no problems conecting to the internet with either computer, i used the wireless set wizard in XP. However I can not see the wireless network connection in my networks on the PC connected to the router. Any ideas why or am i looking in the wrong place

Forum Editor 22:17 05 Nov 05

will show network locations - such as other machines on the same network. Your wireless connection won't be there. In any case, you aren't connected to a wireless network - you are cabled to a router.

If you go into Control panel and click on 'Network connections' you'll see your LAN card - the one to which the router is connected via cable.

Codi 23:02 05 Nov 05

Doh!

Thnaks

Harpur 00:13 06 Nov 05

sorry to steal in on this thread but i have a the same as above but it is a modem/router. however i cannot seem to be able to access the setup page as described in the setup guide. it will not seem to detect any settings. although it is showing as a network connection i cannot access the internet except to plug in my old usb modem and disregard the belkin.

what am i doing wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac