i can't see movies with wmp

habs 23:01 28 Feb 06

Hi everyone

please i need your help.I have problem with windows media player.I can't see a lot of movies using( mpeg) format.

everytimes i click on start,an error come saying:

when i click on more information this happen;

C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is

not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000
Web Help

Can you please tell me hoe to fix the error.thank you so much for your help in advance

My kindest regards
habs

skidzy 23:13 28 Feb 06

I had a very similar problem last night.
Firstly,have you uninstalled Nero or Roxio ?
If so,you may think about reinstalling and see if WMP works...When uninstalling nero,i lost a codec....This was a problem i had a while ago.

Last nights problem was with my power dvd.This is how i fixed the problem:

Start >My computer > Right click on The dvd/cd Drive >Properties > Autoplay >

You should have a box possibly saying play music files....Scroll through the list and select dvd movies.

Try this and post back.

VoG II 23:14 28 Feb 06

You need the correct codecs. We need to know the exact format of the movies that you are trying to play click here may help.

Stuartli 23:22 28 Feb 06

You can also download MPEG decoders from Microsoft. Here's the general links:

click here

skidzy 23:27 28 Feb 06

click here
The link says to download both.

Like Vog says,the Codec error is essential to repair the problem.

Normally you will be alerted to the missing Codec...IE: 45 69 etc

skidzy 23:31 28 Feb 06
  ashdav 23:33 28 Feb 06

I would refer anyone who posts to this to read this first click here

ashdav 23:41 28 Feb 06

try this click here

habs 07:24 01 Mar 06

I would like to thank you all for your quick reply i received from you.i am so approaciated.

what it puzzle me: i created a folder with 15 clips movies the same format(window media player,wmv)4 of them worked only,they are the same format,i don't know why not all of them worked.

And i have another folders with 10 clips movies with (windows madia player format) none of them worked.

I will follow from(skidzy option ,to all other option).

I will let you know later.

Have a very nice days to all of you.

Thank you so much for your help

My kindest regards
habs

habs 21:58 01 Mar 06

Hi everyone

Thank you again for your quick help i received from you all.

I am sorry to tell you that nothing happened,i installed all the codec you mentioned and install them.

still the same.I am so freaked out now from this.

honestly i am thinking to format and reinstall windows maybe this will fix it.

please help me if you thing there something i can do to correct this.

Thank you again for your help in advance

My kindest regards
habs

VoG II 22:05 01 Mar 06

What is the format, or file extension (like .mov etc.), that you are trying to play?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…