I can't play C&C Generals, an error window appears

Dijpo 10:39 14 Oct 04

Hello,

I have been having the same problem with my computer for a while. Whenever I attempt to play "Warcraft 3" or "C&C Generals" an error window appears although this does not happen with "Doom 3" which runs perfectly. The message that appears says: "Please ensure you have Directx 8.1 or newer installed, also check that your drivers are current & up to date" and sometimes it also says: "Make sure your graphics card meets the minimum requirements". OK, I had this problem when I was running my "Gainward 64mb Geforce 4 mx440" and rather than updating the drivers I bought the bad boy "Radeon 9800 256mb" as I thought that as it is a recent graphics card there would be no need for updating the drivers (for a while at least). Also I have always had Directx 8.1 or newer installed on my computer (I recently downloaded directx 9 I it didn't change a thing), and the funniest thing is when I bought "Warcraft 3" nearly a year ago it worked fine for the first 6 months (with my old graphics card). When it was all running fine and I was enjoying "Warcraft 3" I thought I'd buy "C&C generals", however this game worked fine for a few days and then started the hole error message problem I am having now. I have tried several times un-installing & re-installing the games aswell as "Directx" but this has not changed a thing. What I really don't understand is "Warcraft 3" was running perfectly for so long and even when I started to play "C&C generals" that worked fine to (all be it only for a couple of day's).
I really am stuck and after spending over £200 on a new graphics card I really would like to get my favourite games working again. PLEASE HELP

Have you updated every driver, sound, motherboard etc?

Sometimes these can cause problems.

Dijpo 15:49 14 Oct 04

I have a Asus kt333 Motherboard, AMD xp2000 1.6ghz processor, 1024mb ddrr ram, 120gig hard drive, Sapphire Radeon 9800 256mb Graphics card, Aureon sound card with optical in & out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now