I can't hear anything

happylady 00:51 13 Oct 05

I have been listening to several mp3 audio files on windows media player 10, there was no problems for a few weeks and now all of a sudden, there is no sound when playing back even though the graphics indicate that the file is being played. I have aleady checked the volume control settings and equalizer and they are okay. Does this have something to do with mp3 codes? Do i need to update something? I'm using Windows XP.

ALSO PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BURN FROM AN MP3 AUDIO FILE ONTO CD's.

happylady 01:16 13 Oct 05

I have just opened up my documents to try once again to play the mp3 file in Windows Media Player, just messing around trying to find an answer as you do, i clicked on properties, up came a box and i somehow changed the selection from WMP to itunes to play audio files. I got the sound back but it was slightly distorted. Could this be because i was downloading an update from itunes at the same time? Would this have interrupted the quality of the playback?

Fellsider 11:06 13 Oct 05

You haven't by any change pressed the mute button have you? There is not a lot of difference in its appearance between 'On' and 'Off'.

MP3 to CD:- I presume yhat you want to record mp3 files to a CD as music files to play on a CD player.

In Nero, open the prog and select audio CD, in the main display drag the required mp3s to the left pane and burn to CD.

In iTunes you can do it, although I haven't yet.
go to Help and select iTunes Hot Tips. This takes you to the website and in the right column (you'll have to scroll down a bit) there is a section entitled 'Create a CD from your iTunes Library'

HTH

happylady 02:11 26 Jun 06

After fiddling with the sound button a few times somehow at the last time, I clicked on the button & now my sound has returned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…