I can't get 'Google Suggestions' in IE9

John Ba 18:08 PM 27 May 11

I have a fresh installation of Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. I have set the default search provider to Google UK but I have not installed the Google Toolbar.

When start typing in the address bar Google UK does not make any suggestions as I type. If I look in the 'Manage Add-ons' box then 'Search Suggestions' for Google UK is 'Not Available'. (It is however available but 'Disabled' for Bing).

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get Internet Explorer 9 to make search suggestions using Google UK?

With thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Sea Urchin 18:19 PM 27 May 11

Open Google homepage and top right click the Options cartwheel. Select Search Settings and scroll down to the Autocomplete section. Select "Provide Query Predictions in search box" and click "Save Preferences".

John Ba 18:37 PM 27 May 11

Thanks. Google Instant, which makes suggestions if I start typing into the box on the Google UK home page, was already on.

However, I was really wanting to switch on suggestions from Google UK if one is typing into the address bar of Internet Explorer 9. (This is what Bing can do if requested to).

If anyone has any further suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED