I can't enlarge the text of some emails. Why not?

kpgg 18:53 08 Jan 04

The text size of most emails can be enlarged in Outlook by holding down Control and scrolling the mouse. But in some messages the text stays obstinately the same size. Is there something the sender can do to make their text enlargeable?

Big Elf 18:57 08 Jan 04

Possibly send it in 'html' format?

kpgg 08:51 11 Jan 04

Thank you Big Elf. That's what I had wondered too. So I sent myself 3 emails from my son-in-law's XP machine which offers 3 different formats, and, lo, the message in HTML isn't enlargeable whereas the message in plain text is and the message in rich text is. Well, well! I hadn't realised that rich text differs from html in some way.

Pesala 08:59 11 Jan 04

Opera has can zoom right in on any email or HTML page. It doesn't just enlarge the text, but the whole page in proportion.

The font for composing outgoing email can also be changed, though it will still be received as plain text. Opera does not send HTML email, but it can receive it.

Stuartli 09:07 11 Jan 04

Try temporarily using the largest font size in Internet Explorer (View>Text Size) which also applies to OE.

Switch it back (normally Medium) when finished.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…