I can't choose a desktop pic

chewett 15:55 12 Sep 07

I want to use a pic as desktop background but when I go to the control panel>appearances>desktop the list of backgrounds to choose from are unable to be chosen, I also can't use the browse button. All I have is the colour which I can change. I have tried another way, by right clicking on a pic and choosing set as wallpaper but this won't work either. Not sure whats happened. Can anyone help at all?

Many thanks.

Marko797 15:58 12 Sep 07

Ru on XP or Vista? (I don't have Vista so know nothing as a solution)If XP, what version is it? (Pro/Home etc)

Marko797 16:08 12 Sep 07

On mine (XP Home) I go to Settings\Ctrl Panel\Display\Desktop tab\Browse button...I don't need to use the appearances tab

chewett 16:21 12 Sep 07

I'm on XP, home version I think. The way you said is how I know how to do it but i can't use the browse button or able to choose from the list of backgrounds.

Marko797 16:26 12 Sep 07

Sorry then chewett, I can't help out. Don't understand why u have no 'browse' button

wee eddie 16:44 12 Sep 07

"My Pictures" in the My Documents Folder.

Do you have any pictures in that Folder?

chewett 16:50 12 Sep 07

Yes, I have pictures in "My Pictures". I have gone to those pics and tried to do it that way but no luck. I can set the screen saver but not the desktop background. Cheers

wee eddie 17:17 12 Sep 07

Do you mean that it is "Greyed out"?

or

Where does the address box "Top Left" entitled "Look in" say that you are?

Lionheart ? 17:40 12 Sep 07

Have you tried right clicking the pic,when it opens their should be an option to Set as Desktop Background.

brundle 17:45 12 Sep 07

Are you sure `Active Desktop` is not enabled.
click here

chewett 18:20 12 Sep 07

Lionheart: Yep tried right clicking, won't work.

Wee edie: Yes, it is greyed out

Brundle: Not sure what 'Active Desktop' is, will click on your link.

Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…