I cant access my external hard drive ??

g4fne72 15:09 15 Feb 09

Hi Folks.

I have an external usb connection hard drive. Unfortunatley the usb plug inside the hard drive has come away from the circuit board of the drive. Is there anyway of accessing the hard drive now ??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 15 Feb 09

Rare if USB direct to Hard drive, are you sure there is not another cable between the back of the drive and the circuit board for the USB.

the drives can usually be removed and place in a USB caddy.

g4fne72 18:47 15 Feb 09

Thanks for your response

I didnt realise the actual drive comes away from the casing. Its seems i do need a USB cassy. How do i know which i need as i cant see the letters SATA ... but can see PATA is that the same ??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 15 Feb 09

click here

this will take either a SATA or PATA (EIDE) drive

g4fne72 19:04 15 Feb 09

thanks again.

Following the unplugging from the case Do i need to remove the bit left in the case (this is where the USB input has broken off) or will this come with the new case ??

gazzaho 19:23 15 Feb 09

All you need is the drive itself, everything else will be supplied with the drive enclosure. all you will have to do is fit the power and data plugs and perhaps change the jumper to master if it isn't already set, although I'm guessing it is already as the drive was already an external unit.

g4fne72 19:35 15 Feb 09

Thanks for your help folks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…