I can't access my e.mails

Over the past few days I am frequently getting an error report when attempting to access my e mails. The details on the error report state that 'The connection to the server has failed'
I have also noted that my internet connection is getting very slow - Is this perhaps part and parcel of the same problem?
Plase can someone advise what the problem might be and how, if possible can I correct it.

alnwrd 19:00 14 Sep 04

I recently had many experiences of my email program (microsoft outlook) just hanging. If I did some surfing and then came back to it, it would perhaps work. I had the same problem when looking at web pages,(no activity on the litte blue screens).

However since updating to SP2 from the pc advisor cover disc, everything works fine. Could it have been a microsoft update causing the problem?

If you haven't updated to SP2 its certainly worth a try

Many thanks for your help. I have now installed SP2 as suggested. What a difference!!! All seems OK again now, and so much faster too.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…