I cannot record sound

edenworkshops 13:57 03 Jul 09

Hello

I have just tried to record my voice, but I cannot record anything.

My sound card is (I think) a Creative sound blaster.

The card works insofar as I can plug my external speakers into it and it works ok.

I have 5 jacks, yellow, black, green, blue & pink

My mike has a black and pink plug. But when I plug my mike into the black and pink sockets I get nothing at all. I have tried all sorts of combinations but still I cannot record anything.

Could it be my mike?

Thank you

Richard

Technotiger 14:13 03 Jul 09

How are you trying to record? Try this ...

click here

Technotiger 14:15 03 Jul 09

Pink is the normal recording colour. I guess you are using a headset, where the black is the Speaker plug.

Technotiger 14:17 03 Jul 09

Also have you checked that your Mic is not Muted - have look in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices.

edenworkshops 14:49 03 Jul 09

Hello

Thank you for your replies.

I was trying to record using windows sound recorder.

Yes I was using a headset and mike.

I have tried the Audacity software but still no joy.

Richard

mindstream 15:57 03 Jul 09

which sound driver are you using?
your sound manager might not be configured to use mic in

edenworkshops 16:05 03 Jul 09

Sorry how do I find which sound driver I am using.

I checked device manager and their is a yellow question mark against "Multimedia Sound Controler"

Thank you

Richard

edenworkshops 16:15 03 Jul 09

I have just downloaded the sound driver and the Multimedia sound controler is now functional...but I still cannot record sound.

Richard

Technotiger 16:19 03 Jul 09

Can you try a different mic?

edenworkshops 16:54 03 Jul 09

When I plug the headset and mice in, I can hear my voice through the headset, so the mice is working.

Richard

Kevscar1 16:54 03 Jul 09

Are you using Vista. right click volume icon in taskbar. Click recording tab highlight microphone and click configure. Click speech rexognition and follow the prompts eventually you will get to a screen which has a baar chart. If you get nothing when speaking your microphone is kaput.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…