I cannot post under my original name.Why?

Chronos the 2nd 11:19 AM 07 Oct 12

For some reason I have been unable to post under the name chronus yet I am having no problem after re-registering under the name chronos the 2nd. This began some time early yesterday, I thought it was yet another glitch from PCA which seem to plague this site particularly at the weekend. I tried through IE FF and Chrome but no joy.

I can still log on as chronus but cannot start a thread or post to someone else's.

Anyone want to share their thoughts on this oddity?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:52 AM 07 Oct 12

sometimes a change of profile will cure it rather than rejoining as a new member.

i.e. change your username then change back to original

Chronos the 2nd 12:01 PM 07 Oct 12

Thanks for the suggestion Fruit Bat and I will certainly try that but I am also interested in the cause of the problem.

Chronos the 2nd 12:05 PM 07 Oct 12

I have also just tried to answer both Jock1e and Fruit Bat via my Nexus 7 as I am a bit bed bound at the moment and on both occasions the posts were not published but instead got the dreaded WE think this is spam message. This is not the first time this has happened this weekend.

lotvic 12:24 PM 07 Oct 12

I sometimes get the wrong thread title on tab when I go to Page 2 of a thread. Beats me why. Also when a response fails to post I don't get any message at all or I get error message. It's been alright for past couple of weeks though (probably tempting fate by saying that).

Chronos the 2nd 12:31 PM 07 Oct 12

I must admit it would be nice to have a problem free week now and then

You have got that right,

Chronos the 2nd 10:05 AM 08 Oct 12

It has nothing to do with my IE settings,this is the only forum I have so much trouble with.

I have not tried to post today with my original user name as it really does not matter, I can post under my new one and check any old threads on the old one.

Chronos the 2nd 10:14 AM 08 Oct 12

Still cannot post under the original user name, so will leave things as they are.

northumbria61 11:17 AM 08 Oct 12

Chronus OR Chronus the 2nd I think we will still all recognise you.

Chronos the 2nd 12:16 PM 08 Oct 12

I hope you are feeling a bit better today

A little,thank you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…