I cannot disconnect from internet

wee-wee 23:11 12 Sep 03

I am connected to the internet with tiscali, although I have uninstalled the browser that came on the disc,so that I could use Opera.
The problem is firstly that when I try to use Opera it will not connect to the internet or bring up a dialogue box to connect.Secondly,I used to be able to disconnect using the icon next to the clock but that doesn`t work anymore either!
I am running win2000 and Opera 7,I.E.6 and Outlook Express.
If anyone out there can figure out how to get things back on track I would be very grateful.

madPentium 23:45 12 Sep 03

If you look in control panel, internet options, connections...do you have 'always dial my default connection' checked?
Also is your dial up set to default? if not, highlight it and click on set as default.
If you go into settings and then advanced, you can check the box 'disconnect when connection no longer needed'. This will prompt if you want to disconnect when you close your browser.

wee-wee 00:08 15 Sep 03

Sorry madPentium,
I have checked all those settings and changed the ones that you suggested but I still cannot get the connection dialogue box up when I start Opera and I still cannot shutdown from the internet using the flashing icon on the taskbar.If you have any more suggestions Iwould be very grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…