I cannot adjust my display settings (win 98)

Tidying Up 11:47 22 Sep 03

I am stuck in 16 colors, 400 x 600. whatever i do it won't change. Also when I try to choose 16 bit color and 800 x 600 it just won't let me selct that, also 32 bit has disappeared (sure it was there before)

tlr 11:51 22 Sep 03

Have you tried refreshing the display driver?

MAJ 11:59 22 Sep 03

You need to re-install your graphics card drivers.

Djohn 12:06 22 Sep 03

Right click on your desktop and choose properties, then click on the Settings tab, then advanced. From there you will be able to click first on the "Monitor" tab, then the "Graphics", or "Adaptor" tab.

Check to see your monitor is listed correctly and that you have the correct driver for your graphic card as well. If you need further help with this, please post back on this thread and someone will guide you through the settings. j.

Tidying Up 12:59 22 Sep 03

Also If i have to re-install graphics drivers how would I go about it.? Cheers for responses btw.

Tidying Up 13:11 22 Sep 03

and monitor. i have ATI Rage 128 Glagp adaptor and my monitor is listed as plug and play (its make is in fact C700 NEC) I have a ATI Xpert fury AGP graphics accelerator ( I assume this is my graphic card)

Djohn 14:32 22 Sep 03

You should have a CD or a floppy with the card driver on it. If you go back to the adaptor tab, then click on properties in there, then the "Driver" tab, you will see a window giving you the choice of updating your driver.

Choose, "Let me find myself" or similar, then insert your Driver CD and click on update. New driver will then be installed for you.

You may also have a driver on a CD for your Monitor, if so do the same procedure, but from the monitor tab.

If you do not have a driver for the monitor, then use one from windows own, [Your monitor may be in there] If not then use a setting and refresh rate that is close to the monitor you have.

If yours is a 17" display choose a setting of 1025x768 and a refresh rate of 75hz or slightly higher. Hope this is of some help, if you still require more help, please post back again j.

Tidying Up 16:30 23 Sep 03

then device manager, then display adaptor, clicked here to show actual adaptor, highlighted it then clicked REMOVE restart computer and follow therough as computer detects new hardware etc.

I remeber now I had this problem before but it was long enough ago for me to forget. Thanks everyone and no I didn't need a CD etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…