I can not install the Driver for my camera Error 2

wiz33 08:24 13 Feb 03

I have a logitech camera web and a windows 2000.
When originally bought the camera I had USB problems but finally I managed to force my computer to recognise the second USB Hub and the camera worked ok.

I had to reinstall w2000 because of an electrical problem. I have downloaded all service packs (3 the last one) and security patches. I also downloded the latest installer and Direct X ver 9.

Downloded the latest Image studio 7.3 from Logitech and tried installing the camera.

Unfortunately I can not install the driver for it. Contacted Logitech help and they can't resolve the problem.

The camera is installeed but with a Yello I.
Tried several times to reinstall and upgrade the driver but always get the error message:

"An error occured during the installation of the device.

The istallation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance.

Any ideas please?

Stuartli 08:33 13 Feb 03

One possibility is DirectX Version 9.

If you read Microsoft's comments about it you will discover that it says certain drivers etc may have to be changed for the latest versions.

I had several goes when I originally acquired my Minolta Dimage E203 digital camera a year ago before I was able to install the driver. Since then everything has been fine.

sattman 11:10 13 Feb 03

Have you tried disconnected the camera and delete the problem device in device manager.

Retry and check to see which driver it is looking for.

Finding and making that driver available.

wiz33 11:25 13 Feb 03

I have been trying for a week and yes I pointed the right driver but it will not install it!

Thanks for your help so far....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…